Thursday, June 08, 2006

The final push - Ok, T minus 32 hours and counting until we load up the moving van and make a run for the border.

Took a few days in Cape Cod to relax and have a bit of a vacation. I didn't quite realize how badly I needed to "just be." I actually didn't set the alarm for three mornings in a row!! ... proof that miracles do happen.

And now, my partner and I are in the final throws of packing and sorting. It has not been pretty folks, but, I think it's getting done. As she said earlier today in the midst of the two of us having a "moment," we have different perspectives on what kinds of things to hang on to and why. I do have to say, however, despite our differences (I am waaaaaaaaay more sentimental about "stuff"), we've been respectful of each other's needs or at least tolerated each other's vocalizing of needs.

While on vacation, I caught news of the foiled terrorist plots in Toronto. And in case you were wondering how self centered this whole process has made me, let me tell you my biggest worries about all this terrorism in Canada stuff. Am I worried about the prime minister? No, not at all (besides he's like the Mini-Me version of Bush). Am I worried about major parts of the city being blown to smithereens? Nope. Am I worried about my own personal safety and that of my loved ones there? Nuh-uh. What, you ask, am I really worried about? At this moment, I am most concerned if this now means the border guards are going to make me unload and reload my whole moving van and add hours of labor and time to the day and screw up my carefully organized and precisely timed "load out" at the new casa.

Yep, that's it folks, my biggest concerns about the extremist version of the "B & B" (bomb and behead) is that my move will be made more difficult. Pretty shallow, I know, but it's where "I'm at." Besides after years of "yellow" and "red" alerts, I'm chicken-littled to the point of numbness anyway.

So, at this point, I'll be dismantling my computer for the move and hopefully in a few days time, I'll be back on-line and ready to begin the chronicling of this process from "the other side." Wish me luck!

No comments: