Saturday, August 18, 2007



Radio Back to Headquarters - This post doesn't have much to do with my immigration journey. However, on our recent trip down South I was so thoroughly amused by a trend in North America to give radio stations strange names, that I had to write about it. Back in the day, I can remember just identifying a station by its call letters. But, I guess with the advent of huge communications corporations buying out all the local markets, they're wanting to make life easier by using generic names to be used in syndication.

Anyway, here's a list of some of the names we heard driving from Canada to Florida and back again:

Jack FM
Wally FM
Steve
The Boss

The Lake
The River
The Beach
Sunny 103.whatever

Froggy
Big Dawg
The Shark
The Rooster

The Beat
Kiss FM
and my personal favorite... The Pickle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.