Sunday, September 06, 2009


Things I don't want to change being an American from NY who is living in Canada:


1) Saying, "mawl," "cawl," "cawfee," "tawk," etc.

2) Although my job title has been "counsellor" we all know that it's"counselor..." and "labor," "color" and "center."

3) The Giants rule! (though I have nothing against the Jets. Nothing likethe Yankees/Mets hate-on).

4) I'm 5'6" ish; not whatever in centimeters.

5) I prefer "Department of whatever" v. "The Ministry of whatever"... too Harry Potter or Monty Python otherwise... ahh yes, the Ministry of SillyWalks and Muggle Protectionism. Give me the good ol' DMV anyday.

6) Being able to buy alcohol at the grocery store along with my toiletpaper, tortilla chips, Windex and half pound of American cheese.

7) Not saying, "Sorry" every two minutes when I don't really mean it.

8) Knowing exactly when an election is going to happen.

9) Target stores.


Things I really like about being a New Yorker living in Canada:

1) Canadian beer.

2) Canadian swear words like "knob" and "tool."

3) Health care.

4) Equal rights as a queer (and these last two count really big for me).

5) Peameal bacon.

6) Real maple syrup.

7) Cool "coloured" money.

8) Not having to apologize for Canadian foreign policies as much as the American ones.

9) Canadian Tire stores.

No comments: